7/2/11

Science Central













Instead  of going to a children's museum this year, we took Caleb to a science museum geared toward kids in Ft. Wayne Indiana. He had no idea that my cousin Gina and her 5 1/2 year old son would be meeting us there! Caleb was a little shy at first but then started running around and exploring everything. We watched a demonstration about how weather is created, learned about sound and light waves and optical illusions. Caleb's favorite part was learning how a hot air balloon works, he revisited that one several times.
We found a petting area with different types of animals like guinea pigs and lizards. As I was sitting on a chair trying to coax Caleb to pet the guinea pig I looked over and right behind me was a tarantula in a tank looking right at me. It was a test of honor that I didn't drop Caleb and run right there! I just shuddered and looked away. Luckily dad came over because Caleb had decided that he wanted to look at it with someone. Yuck!
After everything was thoroughly explored we visited the gift shop where Caleb picked out a turtle and a magnet for 'moms fridge'.
LOVE, MOM

No comments: