5/18/11

Gardening means snakes....






  Bryan got Caleb some gardening tools for his birthday and its just starting to get nice out so I need all the help I can get in my garden.
  As you can see Caleb is a bit of a lazy gardener...
  Now for the snake 'tale'. Lucy is known for killing anything that comes into her backyard from birds to woodchucks. Snakes are her favorite dish however. I hate it when she kills them so I try and rescue them when I can. This poor scared little thing was cornered under Calebs slide but couldnt pull its tail in so she had bitten it all over. I grabbed my gloves  (those of you who dont know, snakes produce a liquid that makes your stomach turn by the smell of it when they are scared. I hate that on my hands) and grabbed it. I wanted Caleb to be able to see it move around so I put it in a tub. He was so excited. Then I wanted him to touch it. He was scared but he did it. Then we walked it across the road to the neighbors farm by the creek where it could make a new SAFE home.
To hear Caleb talk about it now you would think that he singlehandedly pulled the snake from its hole, showed it whos boss and threw it across the road.
LOVE, MOM

No comments: