9/25/10

Second Day In Chicago











As I said, our day began waaay to early for any of us. Keep that in mind as you read...
First thing we did was celebrate Davids 26th birthday :) He thought that I had forgotten it or something but I'm just good and hid his present well. Then Caleb spotted some airplanes out of the bedroom window and stayed to watch that for a while. About 8am I figured out that I was also sick, hoorah. I took some benadryl, never do that when you have not slept and plan on having a long day. Anyways so we hopped in the car and drove to the John G Shedd Aquarium. It was the biggest fish tank I had ever seen! Caleb absolutly loved the fish. It was hard to pry him away from there. Next, we were going to go to Millenium park but we couldnt find it.... We started walking around and stumbled upon the Field Museum so we decided to check it out. It was sooo expensive but we thought Caleb would enjoy it so we went it. Caleb loved it, the first part of it and through lunch. After lunch he had had enough of the whole being in Chicago thing and was ready to go. I was bound and determined to get my full of the place before we left but I never found the SUE exhibit that we actually wanted to see until we had gotten into the car and I had taken a picture of the enterance. Oh well, it comes there every 10 years and when Caleb is 13 he will appreciate it more then so its ok.
Caleb slept all the way home :) I think he enjoyed his time in Chicago but were not planning a road trip anytime soon.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Now I want to go to Chicago!!!!